RARE Antique 1800s Photo Young Maori New Zealand Photographer De Maus / Tattoos
Original 1870s CDV photo of a young Maori man wearing a crown style headdress with feathers. I'm unable to tell if he has facial tattoos or not.. But I don't believe so. Photographer / publisher was David Alexander De Maus, of Port Chalmers, New Zealand. The CDV is in overall very good antique condition. It appears the sides of the mount have been slightly trimmed, but the image has not been affected by this.
The mount dimensions are a bit under 4" x 2.5". Boxed Priority is also available at checkout. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Antique: Yes
- Type: Photograph
- Photo Type: CDV
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Date of Creation: 1875-1885
- Theme: Cultures & Ethnicities, Tattoo
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: New Zealand
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Tattoo, Tribal / Ethnic